Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Flo goes to the hospital

My wonderful husband Fred took Flo to the shop and got her ready for sewing. The technician who worked on Flo was about 70 years old and a former Soviet. He has worked on these machines for many years. He told Fred that Flo was the nicest machine he has seen! He did change out the electrical cords since Flo still had the original fabric wrapped cords. They seemed OK and worked when he plugged her in, but for safety sake, he went ahead and changed the cords out.

He also replaced the rubber belt that connects the electric motor to the flywheel. The bobbin winder rubber was actually in the worst condition of all, so he also replaced the bobbin winder wheel.

Flo came to me intact with her beautiful bentwood case (with key), an original box of attachments, many of which I am going to try out, and a couple of original bobbins. The only thing she was missing was the knee control. The technician changed the machine to run with a foot control instead of the knee. I know that changes the machine, but I need to use the foot control because of my arthritis.

Finally, he cleaned and lubricated Flo and now she sews like a dream! I can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment